Monday, April 6, 2009

Hoea 1 - 3

Mom has given me an assighnment to read Hosea.

2 When the LORD began to speak through Hosea, the LORD said to him, "Go, take to yourself an adulterous wife and children of unfaithfulness, because the land is guilty of the vilest adultery in departing from the LORD." 3 So he married Gomer daughter of Diblaim, and she conceived and bore him a son.
So he has a prostitute wife and now he's got a son.
4 Then the LORD said to Hosea, "Call him Jezreel, because I will soon punish the house of Jehu for the massacre at Jezreel, and I will put an end to the kingdom of Israel. 5 In that day I will break Israel's bow in the Valley of Jezreel."
6 Gomer conceived again and gave birth to a daughter. Then the LORD said to Hosea, "Call her Lo-Ruhamah, [
b] for I will no longer show love to the house of Israel, that I should at all forgive them. 7 Yet I will show love to the house of Judah; and I will save them—not by bow, sword or battle, or by horses and horsemen, but by the LORD their God."
8 After she had weaned Lo-Ruhamah, Gomer had another son. 9 Then the LORD said, "Call him Lo-Ammi, [
c] for you are not my people, and I am not your God.
So now this poor guy has a prostitute wife, and three sons that probably don't even belong to him. Later his wife runs off and gets married to someone else. The LORD said to me, "Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another and is an adulteress. Love her as the LORD loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes." Truthfully, if I were him, I'd be boiling over, and probably saying something like this: 'Okay, God, she just got married to someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aparrently she doesn't want me, and don't want her either! God, I give up!' But Hosea knew better, and aparently. had an extreme amount of patience. He devoted his life to be an example to the people.

No comments: