Friday, September 21, 2012

I'm Back!

I'm back everybody! CT started up a new blog yesterday and it made me want to post again too! I finished school today at 11:45 this morning, and I got a 100 percent on my math! Mayfe is sitting by me on my bed playing my rubix 360. I'm pretty bored, but I have the Fellowship of the Ring to read so I really shouldn't be bored, but I feel like I've been reading too many books and I'm trying to take a break. I babysat an adorable 20 month old boy named Austin yesterday for 3 hours. I missed taekwondo, but it was super easy and I got thirty dollars!!!! Austin has two enormous fish tanks in his room that I love. Maybe in the new house Mom?

Proverbs is my favorite book of the bible. It's overflowing with good advice and knowledge.

Proverbs 20:3
It is an honor for a man to keep aloof from strife, but every fool will be quarreling.

Proverbs 14:29

Whoever is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly.

Proverbs 19:11
Good sense makes one slow to anger, and it is his glory to overlook an offense.


I'm having trouble with my anger lately, especially with my younger sibs. I skimmed around proverbs this morning looking for verses on anger, and I came up with these. The bible says that every fool will be quarreling, but whoever keeps his mouth shut has great understanding and honor. It also says good sense makes one slow to anger, and that made me think of a verse we memorized:  

Luke 6:45
The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Is the treasure in my heart good? Do I have good sense?

Philippians 4:8
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.


I'm thinking that maybe I'm not thinking on the right things.

3 comments:

TaggTroop said...

Welcome Back!

~Momma

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday

Les

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday