Friday, February 11, 2011

Trust

Exodus 14:31
when the Israelites saw the great power the LORD displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the LORD and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant.
Psalm 4:5
Offer right sacrifices and trust in the LORD.
Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding
Isaiah 26:4
Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal.
Jeremiah 39:18
I will save you; you will not fall by the sword but will escape with your life, because you trust in me, declares the LORD.
Zephaniah 3:12
But I will leave within you the meek and humble, who trust in the name of the LORD.
John 14:1
[ Jesus Comforts His Disciples ] “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me."
Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him...
Trust in the Lord. It's all throughout the bible. People telling others to trust in the Lord, stories about how they trusted in the Lord, how much you should trust in the Lord, it's all there. Right now, I feel like I am extremely lacking in trust for the Lord. but it seems like according to the bible, if you pray, and you really trust and believe He'll do it, He will, and that's not always true. But I'm trying to have more trust.

1 comment:

lane said...

Trust isn't trusting that God will fufill a wish and hope that it comes true. That's why I think it's kinda wierd when people say "My prayer's been answered" if it does come true. Not all of God's answers have to be the ones we want (Though I bet you already knew that)
So what are you trusting in God for? Frances Chan raised that Question. If we don't really have to trust in God much, maybe it's because we're too comfertable or something needs to change. That's really something to pray about