Wednesday, September 24, 2008

1st Samuel!

Okay so whats happening here is here is a guy that has two wifes. One of them, just one, has kids. That one makes fun of poor Hannah, the other wife. One day while they had gone up to sacrifice offerings and stuff at Shiloh, Hannah prayed desperately that she would have a baby. Eli, the preist, saw her lips moving but no words coming out and he thought she was drunk. Then he said : "How long will you keep on getting drunk? Get rid of your wine."
"Not so, my lord," Hannah replied, "I am a woman who is deeply troubled. I have not been drinking wine or beer; I was pouring out my soul to the LORD. Do not take your servant for a wicked woman; I have been praying here out of my great anguish and grief." Then Eli said: Eli answered, "Go in peace, and may the God of Israel grant you what you have asked of him." So she did have a baby. So she named him Samuel and dedicated him to the Lord, then after he was weaned, she gave him over to Eli. She is good to her promise. We should be like that.

No comments: