Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ruth

I'm in Ruth. The first part is where Naomi, with her husband and to sons go to Moab becuz a famine is in their land. Eventually, Her husband dies. Her sons get married to Moabite women and they die too. As in, the sons. When she heard the famine was gone, she started going with her two daughter-in-laws. But she said to them: "Return home, my daughters. Why would you come with me? Am I going to have any more sons, who could become your husbands? Return home, my daughters; I am too old to have another husband. Even if I thought there was still hope for me—even if I had a husband tonight and then gave birth to sons- would you wait until they grew up? Would you remain unmarried for them? No, my daughters. It is more bitter for me than for you, because the LORD's hand has gone out against me!" But they wouldn't leave. Eventually, Orpah left, but Ruth wouldn't. So she stayed and kept after Naomi. Faithful girl. I wish I was that faithful. So when they got to Bethlehem, Naomi got everybody to call her Mara, which means "gloomy." So later on Ruth went to glean. she just so happened to be gleaning boazes field, who was a relitive of Naomi. Just then Boaz arrived from Bethlehem and greeted the harvesters, "The LORD be with you!""The LORD bless you!" they called back. That must be a really nice greeting. We should do that. Then he spied Ruth. "Whose she?" He askes.
The foreman replied, "She is the Moabitess who came back from Moab with Naomi. She said, 'Please let me glean and gather among the sheaves behind the harvesters.' She went into the field and has worked steadily from morning till now, except for a short rest in the shelter." So he came to her and said for her to not go to glean in another field, follow along with my servant girls, the guys won't touch you, and you can have a drink whenever. At this, she bowed down with her face to the ground. She exclaimed, "Why have I found such favor in your eyes that you notice me—a foreigner?"
"I've heard how good you've been to your mother-in-law."
Olay, I know I'm kinda in the middle of it but that's it for today!

No comments: