Monday, September 22, 2008

Today, there was something really cunfuzuling in my bible. Okay, so Ruth's sleeping at Boazez field. I mean feet. So Bozo wakes up, and blesses and praises her, but here's the part I don't understand: And now, my daughter, don't be afraid. I will do for you all you ask. All my fellow townsmen know that you are a woman of noble character. Although it is true that I am near of kin, there is a kinsman-redeemer nearer than I. Stay here for the night, and in the morning if he wants to redeem, good; let him redeem. But if he is not willing, as surely as the LORD lives I will do it. Lie here until morning." what does he mean 'redeem'? Well when they got up, he gave her a scarf full of barlely and sent her to her mother. Then she told her everything that happened. Then Naomi said, "Wait, my daughter, until you find out what happens. For the man will not rest until the matter is settled today."
Meanwhile Boaz went up to the town gate and sat there. When the kinsman-redeemer he had mentioned came along, Boaz said, "Come over here, my friend, and sit down." So he went over and sat down. Well they chated a little about it and it turned out the man couldn't do it.
Then Boaz announced to the elders and all the people, "Today you are witnesses that I have bought from Naomi all the property of Elimelech, Kilion and Mahlon. 10 I have also acquired Ruth the Moabitess, Mahlon's widow, as my wife, in order to maintain the name of the dead with his property, so that his name will not disappear from among his family or from the town records. Today you are witnesses!" So, Ruth agreed with that last part right? And in the end, she had a little boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you confused about "redeemed"?

Anonymous said...

Yes sir.