Tuesday, October 28, 2008

One day David was told that the philistines were attacking Keilah. he inquired of the Lord if they should attack. Now something I've noticed about David is that he asks God about everything. I need to do that more than I do. Cuz I don't do it very often when I should. But David's men said to him, "Here in Judah we are afraid. How much more, then, if we go to Keilah against the Philistine forces!" If God said to fight it means your'e gonna win. It's not like God would send you out to a war to lose! Once again David inquired of the LORD, and the LORD answered him, "Go down to Keilah, for I am going to give the Philistines into your hand." So David and his men went to Keilah, fought the Philistines and carried off their livestock. He inflicted heavy losses on the Philistines and saved the people of Keilah. (Abiathar son of Ahimelech had brought the ephod down with him when he fled to David at Keilah.) When David inquired of God, did God actually talk to him in words saying he was gonna have victory? Well, when Saul heard that David came to Keilah, a city with walls, he pursued him, thinking, The Lord has given him into my hands! Did he not know that he is doing wrong? Once David found out that Saul was pursueing him he asked God David asked, "Will the citizens of Keilah surrender me and my men to Saul?" And the LORD said, "They will." So David fled. Did God want him to do that? David stayed in the desert strongholds and in the hills of the Desert of Ziph. Day after day Saul searched for him, but God did not give David into his hands.

No comments: