Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Two Kings?

Okay, the point is the people want to appoint another King. Another? You ask. Yes, another becuz Gods already the king. I wonder if I would be tempted to do that if Samuel gave his two evil sons as Judges. Sam prayed, and asked God what he should do. God said : "Give them a king. It is not you they rejected, but me. They've been rejecting me ever since I brought them out of Egypt, forsaking me and serving other gods, as they are doing to you. But warn them and tell them what a King will do to them." When Samuel told the people what would happen to them, they were stubborn and still wanted a King. " No!" They said, "We want a king over us. Then we can be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles!" If they hadn't noticed all the other nations are the bad guys. So Samuel found the one who God wanted, he appeared wise, he was handsome, and a head taller from any other man. When Samuel saw him God told him that he was the man God was looking for. Saul dined with Samuel that day.
The next day they went on the roof top and Saul got ready to go. Samuel told the servant to go ahead of them becuz he had a message from the Lord to Saul.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey Lu!! So sorry I haven't been on here in forever!! Go to your shout-box. I talked!! :P
Laura