Sunday, July 13, 2008

Bible news

I read about the Israelites today. They had camped at the wastelands of Moab. but Balak, king of Moab got angry and had sent for baalam saying: "I know who you bless is blessed and who you curse is cursed." Baalam came, and said: "Can I say just anything? I will say what God puts in my mouth." so Baalam didn't curse the Israelites, but instead, he blessed them! Not only did he bless them once, but he blessed them about three other times as well! He went on to say that they would destroy many other countries!!! WOW!!! I think He's very faithful to the Lord! Next, I read about the Israelites committing adultery with the Moabite women. God sent a plague on them for it. Then a young man married a Midainite woman in front of Moses and the whole assembly of Israel. Eleazar son of Aaron killed both of them with a spear and the plague stopped. Man, I was thinking ,If 24,000 people already died from the plague,Imagine if that man had gotten away with it! The whole assembly might have been killed cause of that one man and his wife didn't repent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Louie!!! I really like this post!!! Hmmm... I said mostly everything that I wanted to tell you in the other comment but I decided to comment over here too, just to tell you I really like this post!!! Well I will TTYL Louie!!
BFF,
Your Louiejane